Air Canada has launched an offer to get its Aeroplan members to book travel to/from Bogota.
Aeroplan members, who are part of the family pool, can earn quadruple points for a return trip or two-one ways from Colombia’s capital between September 13 – March 31, 2023, if booked August 17 September 13.
You can access this offer on Air Canada’s website here.
You must be part of Family Pool to earn the bonus miles AND book between August 17 – September 13.
- Economy Standard, Economy Flex, comfort, Economy Latitude
- Premium Economy lowest, Premium Economy Flexible, Premium Rouge
- Business Class Lowest, Business Class Flexible
It seems that Air Canada now has bonus miles offers tied to being a Family Pool member. There is a similar offer for flights to/from Seoul (read more here).
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Valid only on new bookings of Eligible Scheduled Flights from Canada to Bogotá (BOG).
- Offer valid between August 17, 2022, starting at 00:01 NST through to September 13, 2022 inclusively, ending at 23:59 PST.
- Offer and Eligible Fares: Earn 4X Aeroplan points when flying on any eligible route from Canada to Bogotá in the following eligible fares: Economy Standard, Economy Flex, comfort, Economy Latitude, Premium Economy lowest, Premium Economy Flexible, Premium Rouge, Business Class Lowest and Business Class Flexible (applicable on round trips or two one-way trips only).
- To participate in this offer you must follow 3 simple steps:
- Become an Aeroplan member: If you are not an Aeroplan member, you can visit the Aeroplan web site (aircanada.com/aeroplan) and enroll today. Membership is free. Open only to Aeroplan members in good standing.
- Be part of a Family Pool: You must be 18 years or older to be a Family Lead. You can create a Pool and invite family members (up to 8 family members can join together to share points) who are Aeroplan Members to join your pool by logging into your online account and follow the prescribed steps. You can be part of only one pool at a time. The family members that you invite to join the pool need to accept your invitation to join to be part of the pool.
When you create, join, or are part of a pool, all your current Aeroplan points are shared with the Aeroplan points of all other Family Members.
When a redemption is made, all points are redeemed from the family sharing balance, no matter who the redemption is for. Points are redeemed proportionally from each member, so everyone contributes a balanced amount.
- To learn more about creating or joining a Family Sharing Pool, visit
- Book your flights: 4X Aeroplan points will be awarded for the purchase of the Eligible Fares during the Offer Period and for travel during the Travel Period: August 17, 2022, starting at 00:01 NST through to March 31, 2023 inclusively, ending at 23:59 PST.
- For example, an Eligible Scheduled Flight booked in Economy Flex provides for a basic point accumulation rate of 100% Aeroplan points, assessed in accordance with the general Aeroplan points accrual rules. An eligible round trip flight in Economy Flex from Toronto (YYZ) to Bogotá (BOG) would therefore result in a basic point accumulation of 100%, being 5,408 Aeroplan points for the round trip. Under this Offer, the Aeroplan Member would earn an additional 16,224 Bonus Aeroplan points for that same Eligible round trip flight, for a total of 21,632 points.
- Following the same Economy Flex fare example, a family of two pooling the Aeroplan points earned with this Offer, will earn a total of 43,264 Aeroplan points, which can be redeemed for a one-way ticket in economy between Toronto (YYZ) and Bogotá (BOG) which starts at 30,000 Aeroplan points as per the flight reward chart.
- Under this offer, 2 or more family members in a family pool who fulfill all the requirements outlined in this offer, will receive a minimum of 30,000 Aeroplan points, enough to redeem for a future single one-way flight to Bogotá. Flight redemptions to Bogotá start at 30,000 Aeroplan points and vary, depending on departure date chosen.
- If a member does not have sufficient points for a flight reward, a combination of points + cash will allow a flight redemption sooner. As long as the member has 60% of the required points for the flight redemption, the remaining 40% can be paid in cash.
- As long as their flights are booked and flown during the Offer Period and Travel Period, pool members don’t need to fly on the same flight in order to accumulate the 4X Aeroplan points.
- For flight segments not wholly travelled within the same fare option, members will earn a combination of the purchased fare option offers.
- Travel must take place within the following travel period: August 17, 2022, starting at 00:01 NST through to March 31, 2023 inclusively, ending at 23:59 PST.
- You must provide your Aeroplan number at the time of booking.
- Offer cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion, including for certainty, points earned in conjunction with the Aeroplan Elite Status bonus which are expressly excluded from this Offer.
- Bonus points awarded through this promotion will count towards Everyday Status Qualification as part of Aeroplan Elite Status.
- Bonus Aeroplan points awarded are not Status Qualifying Miles (SQM).
- Offer is non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash.
- Taxes, fees, charges, and surcharges apply.
- Bonus Aeroplan points will be credited up to six weeks after the qualifying flights have been flown.
- Terms and conditions are subject to change without prior notice.
- For the purpose of this Offer, the following terms are defined as follows:
“Eligible Scheduled Flights” means a flight operated by Air Canada® (including flights operated under the Air Canada Express® banner and operated by Air Canada Rouge®) between Canada to/from the eligible destinations only.
“Eligible Fare” means those fares that are exclusively eligible for this Offer, being: Economy Standard, Economy Flex, comfort, Latitude, Premium Economy Lowest, Premium Economy Flexible, Premium Rouge, Business Class Lowest and Business Class Flexible.
- If this Offer is not running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, pandemic or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Aeroplan which corrupt or affect the administration, security or proper conduct of this Offer, Aeroplan reserves the right at its sole discretion to, without advance notice, terminate or suspend the Offer, in whole or in part, or modify it in any way. Aeroplan also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual from this Offer and to ban the individual from any future offers that it finds or believes to be tampering with the process or the operation of this Offer.
- Health and safety protocols, government recommendations and regional travel restrictions vary by hotel, ship and destination, may impact availability and are subject to change without notice. Due to evolving health protocols, imagery and messaging may not accurately reflect onboard and destination experiences, offerings, features, or itineraries.