Alaska Airlines has launched another Mileage Plan miles sale with up to a 50% bonus through June 25, 2022.
Alaska Airlines joined Oneworld on March 31, 2021, but awards with many alliance airlines have been delayed. Alaska has ties with several non-Oneworld partners, including Singapore Airlines and Korean Air.
You can access Alaska’s web page for buying and gifting miles here.
Alaska Airlines has instituted a maximum number of miles that non-elite members can purchase yearly (150,000). However, MVP, MVP Gold, and MVP 75K can continue purchasing miles without any limits (you have to make several purchases).
Price at 50% bonus:
The cost of an Alaska Airlines mile purchased at the 50% bonus level is 1.97 cents each.
Alaska Airlines miles are helpful for partner awards on premium cabins on airlines such as Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific, and JAL. We eagerly await the comprehensive award chart that allows mixing and matching different Oneworld airlines (if there ever will be one).
These mileage sales usually max at a 60% bonus, although they had one 70% bonus in 2020. So if yours is less than 60%, I would wait for a better sale to surface.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- Transactions must be completed between 6:00 AM PST June 13, 2022 and 11:59 PM PST June 25, 2022 to be eligible for bonus miles.
- Miles are purchased from Points.com Inc. for a cost of $27.50 per 1,000 miles, plus GST/HST for Canadian residents and QST for Quebec residents.
- Miles are non-refundable and do not count toward MVP and MVP/Gold status.
- You may purchase and gift Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan miles in increments of 1,000 miles up to 60,000 miles, and in increments of 5,000 miles up to a maximum of 100,000 miles per transaction.
- MVP, MVP Gold, MVP Gold 75K and MVP Gold 100K Mileage Plan member (Elite Member) accounts have no annual limit on the number of miles which may be purchased or gifted through Points.com. If you are not an Elite Member, your account may only be credited up to a maximum total of 150,000 miles acquired through Points.com in a calendar year, whether purchased by you or gifted to you. Bonus miles do not count toward the maximum total of 150,000 miles.
- Offer is subject to change and all terms and conditions of the Mileage Plan Program apply.
- *Points.com Inc. is collecting Federal Excise Tax on behalf of Alaska Airlines Inc.
- Alaska Airlines Inc. has the obligation to collect Federal Excise Tax and remit the tax to the appropriate government agency.