Avelo Airlines To Open Its Fourth Base
Avelo will open its fourth base in Wilmington (ILG) starting in February 2023. The U.S. airline’s current hubs are Burbank, New Haven and Orlando.
Initially, Avelo will serve five popular non-stop Florida destinations from ILG: Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Orlando, Tampa and West Palm Beach.
Avelo Airlines Founder, Chairman and CEO Andrew Levy said, “The Delaware Valley region wants and deserves more affordable, convenient and reliable air travel. Avelo was founded with a simple purpose – to Inspire Travel. Our very low fares and nonstop flights to five sun-soaked Florida destinations coupled with the fast and seamless experience at Wilmington Airport will make traveling easier than ever. We appreciate the warm reception and support Avelo is receiving from Delaware Governor John Carney, New Castle County Executive Matt Meyer and so many other government and business leaders here. We look forward to welcoming everyone aboard Avelo’s first ILG flight in February.”
- Orlando (MCO): inaugural flight – February 1st (Monday, Friday and Saturday).
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL): inaugural flight – February 2nd (Thursday and Sunday).
- Tampa (TPA): inaugural flight – February 2nd (Thursday and Sunday).
- Fort Myers (RSW): inaugural flight – February 3rd (Monday and Friday).
- West Palm Beach (PBI): inaugural flight – February 4th (Wednesday and Saturday).
Article published on Aviacionline.com by Sebastiàn Polito