British Airways Increases Flights to Portland and Pittsburgh
British Airways is increasing its flights to Portland, Oregon (PDX) and Pittsburgh (PIT) for the 2023 summer season. The British carrier continues to strengthen its offering in the United States from London Heathrow (LHR), the company’s most important intercontinental market.
In June of this year, British Airways inaugurated its 26th destination in the United States with an unprecedented service between London Heathrow (LHR) and Portland (PDX) with five flights a week on Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner. From March 26, 2023, the airline will increase its operations to daily flights.
- London/Heathrow – Portland Flight BA 267 LHR 14:45 – PDX 16:34
- Portland – London/Heathrow Flight BA 266 PDX 18:25 – LHR 11:50+1
British Airways will also increase capacity on this route by changing aircraft from Boeing 787-8s to Boeing 777-200ERs with a capacity of 272 seats in three classes (48 Business Class/40 Premium/184 Economy). This represents an increase of more than 25% in seating capacity.
- Between April and May, service operations will vary and the airline will offer between 5-6 flights per week, and from June it will return to daily operations.
Currently, the British airline is the only carrier to offer non-stop flights between Oregon and London. The British Airways network on the West Coast of the United States offers: Los Angeles (LAX), Portland (PDX), Seattle – Tacoma (SEA), San Francisco (SFO), San Jose (SJC) and San Diego (SAN), it is the European carrier with the most destinations in this segment.
British Airways is strengthening its Pennsylvania operation, increasing its operations to Pittsburgh (PIT) from four to six weekly flights during the 2023 summer season. According to data obtained through Cirium, the company will have a capacity of 2,568 weekly seats between London and PIT, this represents a 50% increase in the supply of seats on this segment.
- London/Heathrow – Pittsburgh Flight BA 171 LHR 16:35 – PIT 20:00 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday.
- Pittsburgh – London/Heathrow Flight BA 170 PIT 21:50 – LHR 10:00+1 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday.
This article was originally published by Rainer Nieves Dolande on Aviacionline in syndication with AirlineGeeks.