During the month of April, Avianca Lifemiles has renewed the popular 25% transfer bonus when transferring your Citi ThankYou points to the LifeMiles program and the campaign will end on April 30, 2022.
Under this campaign, members can transfer 1,000 Citi ThankYou points and receive 1,250 Lifemiles including the transfer bonus.
Lifemiles – over the past year or so – has started to increase their partner transfer promotions in addition to their regular mileage sales in an effort to drive revenue while traffic was slow due to the pandemic.
This Citi Thank You Points transfer promotion was last available in August of 2021 but has now made a comeback for another run, allowing Citibank cardholders to move their Citi loyalty currency over to Liftmiles with a decent bonus.
In a couple days this current campaign will end:
There are still four more days left from the time of this article to initiate a points transfer with the advertised 25% bonus.
You can access this campaign on the LifeMiles website here.
Dare yourself to fly higher! Transfer your ThankYou® Points from Citi to LifeMiles, earn a 25% bonus miles and pack your bags for your next fly.
You can do it in 4 easy steps:
- Visit Thankyou.com and choose Points Transfer.
- Choose Avianca LifeMiles from the list.
- Sign in on your account.
- Transfer your points!
Your miles can be redeemed by:
- ✈️ Fly tickets with Avianca, any Star Alliance airline, Aeroméxico or Iberia.
- 🛒 Products on Amazon.com
- 🏨 Stays in hotels
And much more.
For obvious reasons, using miles for anything related to merchandise shopping after transferring them to Lifemiles wouldn’t make any sense whatsoever but for flights, it does actually represent decent value with the 25% bonus.
Redeeming for a variety of Star Alliance premium awards is still a good deal with LifeMiles especially since miles are available through sales and other campaigns on an almost constant level.
These miles have been rather popular for award travel for example in Lufthansa First Class:
Or flying ANA First Class:
Keep in mind however that points transfers from Citi (any program really) to LifeMiles are final and even if your trip gets canceled these miles will never come back to Citibank but will remain with Lifemiles.
At the same time, you should make sure there is actually availability before you transfer the points, although that can change within minutes.
Keeping this in mind, you should have a pretty good idea of what to do with these points before initiating the transfer over to a frequent flyer program of any kind.
Another LifeMiles bonus of which we’ve seen so many over the years. For Citi ThankYou Points holders it might present a good opportunity however to move some points with a decent bonus IF there is a feasible plan to use them up better sooner than later.
Also, remember that Avianca itself is currently under bankruptcy administration, and nobody knows what the long-term impact of these proceedings will be on LifeMiles which could undergo rapid changes (devaluations) at any point.
This campaign will end on April 30th as the last day to initiate the transfer from Citibank.
These are the Terms & Conditions for this campaign:
- This Promotion is valid only for point transfers from Citibank Thank You Points to miles of the LifeMiles program from April 1st, 2022 (12:00 AM GMT-5) to April 30th, 2022 (11:59 PM GMT-4).
- A minimum transfer of 1000 points is required.
- ThankYou Point customers must be previously registered as a LifeMiles member in order to participate in this promotion, you can sign up as a member at LifeMiles.com.
- During the offer, the member will receive a 25% bonus over the miles accrued on the member´s account as a product of the transfer. The bonus miles and the transferred miles may be reflected in the account statement in separate transactions.
- LifeMiles earned by transferring and the bonus Miles earned with this promotion do not apply to obtain or maintain the LifeMiles Elite Status.
- Transferred LifeMiles as well as the bonus miles will be accrued no later than 24 hours after the LifeMiles Partner reports the request of miles transfer.
- LifeMiles is not responsible for miles not accrued, accrued mistakenly or accrued late due to report errors or delays from the LifeMiles Partners.
- Once points or miles are transferred to LifeMiles, the transaction cannot be reversed.
- Upon completion of the transfer, Terms and Conditions of the LifeMiles Program apply, available at LifeMiles.com.