Marriott has launched a new offer for members to purchase points October 6 – 13, 2022.
Bonvoy members can buy points at a 50% bonus during the promotional period.
You can access this offer on Marriott’s website here.
READ MORE: Marriott Bonvoy Rate & Bonus Points Offers
Note that a member’s account that receives the points must have been open a minimum of 90 days OR 30 if there has been any qualifying activity.
Marriott Bonvoy has frequently sold its points at 60% and 50% bonuses.
Price at 50% bonus:
The price of a point under this offer is 0.83 cents each.
You can also buy points during the award booking process:
Marriott Bonvoy Members Can Buy Points During Award Booking
Marriott moved away from award categories in March:
How Marriott Bonvoy Flexible Awards Are Working For You?
Marriott has sold points at various bonuses in the past year, and many offers have been less than 50%. You could only consider buying points during these sales IF you can beneficially use them (save cash over paid rates), which has become a challenge as of late.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- In 2022, members may purchase or receive as a gift a combined maximum of 100,000 Points per calendar year when purchased through our Buy Points and Gift Points pages (this website), Buy Points Points.com-powered window on Marriott websites, Marriott Mobile Apps or the Customer Engagement Centers.
- Members may purchase up to an additional 100,000 Points annually while booking a hotel stay through the reservation path on marriott.com.
- Purchased or gifted Points do not count toward Marriott Bonvoy® Elite Status.
- Purchase rate is $12.50 USD per 1,000 Points.
- Points will be posted to the Member’s Account within 72 hours after the transaction is complete.
- A member must be an active member in good standing to purchase and/or receive Points.
- New members may purchase Points thirty (30) days after enrollment in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Once Points have been purchased or gifted, no refunds will be permitted.
- Purchasing Points using a Marriott Bonvoy® cobrand credit card will earn Points as an everyday purchase.
- All Marriott Bonvoy Program Rules apply and can be found at https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi.
- For members purchasing Points using a foreign currency, Points are sold in U.S. dollars (US$). Points can be redeemed globally for stays at hotels that participate in Marriott Bonvoy, as well as with third-party programs that have a business relationship with Marriott Bonvoy, such as airline frequent flyer programs. Learn more about the Marriott Bonvoy program here and ways to redeem your Points here. Please refer to your credit card company for foreign exchange rates. Once Points are purchased, Purchaser’s credit card statement will reflect payment in their home currency on an itemized line displaying the foreign exchange rate charged by their issuing bank.