Cathay Pacific Asia Miles members can now convert their miles to Marriott Bonvoy points at an unfavorable ratio.
READ MORE: Marriott Bonvoy Rate & Bonus Points Offers
Marriott Bonvoy to Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
3 Marriott Bonvoy points convert to 1 Asia Miles. If you convert 60,000 Marriott Bonvoy points, Marriott will bonus the transaction by 5,000 miles resulting in 25,000 Asia Miles.
Cathay Pacific Asia Miles to Marriott Bonvoy
You need 2 Asia Miles for each 1 Marriott Bonvoy point.
It makes little sense to convert Asia Miles to Marriott Bonvoy points at this ratio.
I can understand a reason if you need a minimal number of Bonvoy points for an award and have an ample number of Asia Miles sitting in your account.
Terms and conditions of this offer:
“Conversion of Asia Miles to Marriott Bonvoy Points” Terms and Conditions:
1. These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) shall apply to any conversion of Asia Miles to Marriott Bonvoy Points.
2. As used in these Terms and Conditions:
- “Account” means a Member’s Cathay Membership Programme account that is active and valid and has not been suspended or terminated.
- “AML” means Asia Miles Limited, the operator of Cathay;
- “Asia Miles” or “Miles” means the mileage credits credited by AML to Members of Cathay (as those credits may be amended, re-branded, re-named or replaced from time to time);
- “Cathay” means the Cathay Membership Programme;
- “Marriott Bonvoy” means the loyalty program for Marriott International, Inc.;
- “Member” means a current member of the Cathay Membership Programme that may earn and redeem Asia Miles through the Cathay Membership Programme; and
- “Points” means Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program points.
3. A Member may convert miles to Points in accordance with the criteria below and these Terms and Conditions:
- The miles must be in the Member’s Account at the time of initiating the conversion to Points.
- Conversions shall be at a rate of two (2) miles to one (1) Point.
- Each conversion requires a minimum of two thousand (2,000) miles and must be in increments of five hundred (500) miles.
- The maximum number of miles that may be converted into Points per Member per day is two hundred forty thousand (240,000) miles.
4. To convert miles to Points, a Member must be a member of both Cathay and Marriott Bonvoy. The use of Points and participation in Marriott Bonvoy are subject to the terms and conditions of the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program which can be found here.
5. Registration to convert miles to Points is not required but may be subject to eligibility criteria, from time to time, as set forth by Cathay and Marriott Bonvoy.
6. Members are required to ensure that the name of the account holder of both the Cathay and Marriott Bonvoy membership accounts match to ensure that the conversion from miles to Points is successful.
7. Once miles have been converted to Points, Points will automatically be credited to the Member’s Marriott Bonvoy membership account. In most cases, Points will be credited to the Member’s Marriott Bonvoy membership account in up to eight weeks.
8. Once a miles to Points conversion is initiated, cancellation, changes, reissuance, and/or refunds of miles are not allowed.
9. AML reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to prevent or cancel transactions where (i) AML has reason to believe that the identity of the Member converting the miles to Points does not match the identity of the person receiving the Points or (ii) where AML suspects there has been any fraudulent activity connected with the miles to Points conversion in relation to the Member’s Account.
10. AML and Marriott Bonvoy have the right to terminate any conversion of miles to Points or to change the miles to Points conversion criteria, policies, procedures, conditions of participation, benefits, awards and special offers, in whole or in part, at any time, with or without notice.
11. The use of miles and participation in Cathay is subject to the terms and conditions of Cathay which can be found here .
12. Miles to Point transfers are also subject to Marriott Bonvoy’s Miles to Points Terms and Conditions available here.
13. In the event of inconsistency between the English language version and any other language translations, the English language version shall prevail.