Singapore Airlines brought back its Spontaneous Escapes this spring, a very popular way for KrisFlyer members to redeem at 30% fewer miles.
They have made an updated list of Spontaneous Escapes available today for travel August 1 – 31, 2022. You must book by July 31.
You can access Singapore Airlines Spontaneous Escapes here.
Singapore has recently devalued its awards:
Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer 10% Award Devaluation & End Of Paid Stopover Awards
Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Partner Award Changes August 1, 2022
Economy & Business
Spontaneous Escapes are an excellent way for those residing in Singapore or traveling there to redeem at fewer KrisFlyer miles. The selection varies from month to month.
These “deals” are not as good as before the most recent round of devaluation.
Here are the terms and conditions of this offer:
- The KrisFlyer Spontaneous Escapes promotion (“Promotion”) is organized by Singapore Airlines Limited (“SIA”). The promotion is open to KrisFlyer members (“Participants”) for the online redemption of Promo Awards in Economy, Premium Economy and Business Class on selected Singapore Airlines operated flights. Please refer to the list of eligible flights above. The promotion is not valid for codeshare flights.
- Eligible bookings can only be made through singaporeair.com. This promotion is not available through KrisFlyer Membership Services, SIA Ticket Offices, travel agents, or any other channels.
- To qualify for the Promotion, tickets must be issued between 15 July 2022 (0000 hrs, GMT+8) and 31 July 2022 (2359 hrs, GMT+8) (“Promotion Period”), both dates inclusive, for travel from 1 August 2022 (0000 hrs, GMT+8) to 31 August 2022 (2359 hrs, GMT+8) for all destinations.
- If (i) any part of the itinerary is confirmed after the Promotion Period; (ii) or falls outside the applicable Travel Period; and/or (iii) contains an ineligible flight, the entire itinerary will not be eligible for the promotion. Please split your bookings for travel within and outside the promotional travel period.
- Waitlist redemption is not available for all flights offered in this Promotion.
- Any change is strictly not permitted for bookings made under this promotion. Cancellation is also not permitted for partially unused or totally unused tickets.
- For (i) any flights cancelled by SIA, or (ii) if a SQ-operated flight was removed from a Participant’s booking due to Covid-19 and governmental regulatory changes, the miles redeemed in the unused portion of the ticket will be refunded into the relevant Participant’s KrisFlyer account with no additional fees charged. However, requests to change any booking details, or to retain the ticket for future use will not be granted. Participants may submit their request via the Assistance Request form.
- This promotion cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion.
- This promotion is applicable to one-way and round-trip travel. No stopovers are allowed for this promotion.
- Taxes and fees are applicable in addition to the required redemption mileage and paid for separately by the passenger in the applicable currency. Taxes and fees are separately charged and payable and are not subject to any discount.
- The Promotion will only apply to tickets purchased entirely with KrisFlyer miles. It does not apply to commercial tickets purchased with part miles, part cash.
- The 30% discount level is only applied on the number of KrisFlyer miles required for an Economy Class Saver, Premium Economy Class Saver and/or Business Class Saver award ticket. The 30% discount will be displayed upon selection of eligible flight(s) under the Promo Awards category during booking on singaporeair.com.
- All redemptions are subject to seat availability at the time of booking.
- All decisions made by SIA, in respect to any matter relating to this Promotion shall be final. SIA reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions, terminate or otherwise amend this Promotion, including any amendments to the eligible destinations, eligible flights, promotional dates and travel dates in this Promotion, without prior notice at its sole and absolute discretion.
- To the extent permitted under applicable law, SIA will not be responsible or liable for any consequences that any Participant may suffer (including without limitation any damage, loss, injury or disappointment) by participating in the Promotion.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.