Virgin Atlantic Flying Club has launched a new sale of Virgin Points, now separate currency among all Virgin-affiliated companies, with up to a 70% bonus valid through December 31, 2022.
Flying Club has increased the number of Virgin Points you can buy during this sale before the bonus from 100,000 to 200,000.
You can access this offer on Virgin Atlantic’s website here.
Here’s the bonus schedule:
The bonus is dependent on how many points you purchase. For example, you can get the maximum bonus when buying 120,000 to 200,000 points.
Here’s the price at a 70% bonus:
The price of a Virgin Atlantic – Virgin Point under this sale is 1.48 US cents each. The price is likely lower in GBP and EUR.
There are some very reasonable Virgin Atlantic partner awards, like the ANA one I redeemed in 2020 (read more here). The airline is also joining the SkyTeam alliance sometime in 2023 (read more here).
If you plan to use the miles for Virgin Atlantic’s award flights, be warned that there are incredibly high fuel/carrier surcharges collected.
Here are the terms and conditions of this promotion:
1. Applicable to Buy Points purchases made between 9th December and 23:59 GMT 31st December 2022 will be eligible to receive bonus points. When you buy 5,000-24,000 points you will earn 20% bonus points, 25,000-69,000 = 30% bonus, 70,000 – 119,000 = 50% bonus, 120,000 – 200,000 = 70% bonus. The bonus points will be credited at the point of purchase and will appear on the members account within 24 hours.
2. A member can purchase a total of 100,000 points each calendar year, in increments of 1,000 points. Between 9th December and 23:59 GMT 31st December 2022, the limit has been reset and increased to 200,000. A member can purchase a total of 200,000 points each, in increments of 1,000 points. Members who have brought points since January 2022 will be able to buy up to 200,000 points within the campaign period.
3. Members will have the right to cancel any purchases of points for up to 14 days after the date of purchase provided that none of the purchased points have been redeemed. If any of the purchased points have been redeemed, the member will not be entitled to a refund for any of the purchased points including those that have not been redeemed. Once the 14 day cooling off period has expired any points purchased and received by members are non-refundable and non-transferable, except as expressly permitted under the terms and conditions of Flying Club.
4. Every purchase comes with a one-off £15 / $22 transaction fee. Members can purchase points in increments of 1,000. It costs £15/$25 for every 1,000 base points purchased. For example, if a member buys 1,000 base points they will pay £30/$47, if they buy 5,000 base points they will pay £90/$147 and if they buy 10,000 base points they will pay £165/$272.
5. Members planning to put their points towards a specific reward should check reward availability first. Buy Points Terms and Conditions apply, and can be found on Virgin Atlantic website: https://www.virginatlantic.com/global/en/footer/terms-and-conditions/flying-club-earning-and-purchasing-miles.html